We’re starting another weekly series where we highlight a different aspect of The Rep theatre called Theatre Thursday.
On site, you’ll find everything from a prop shop, costume shop and a second stage to a sprawling lounge, tons of storage space and workspace for our set and prop designers. And while the theatre is a hubbub of activity on a daily basis, The Rep also has spaces elsewhere.
This includes a scenic construction facility on South State Street, a new education building in the works across the street and two spaces you might not know of: two apartments to house interns and visiting actors and creative teams for our MainStage productions.
Here are a few interesting tidbits about our apartment buildings you might not know:
- There are 16 units on two floors that house visiting cast and creative teams for each MainStage production.
- Each unit features a kitchenette, TV, one bedroom and one bathroom
- There is a small lending library located on the first floor
- It was fully renovated in 2007
- It has been owned by the Arkansas Repertory Theatre since the 1980s
- More than 180 actors and artists from out of town stay in the living quarters throughout the MainStage Season during rehearsals and the show’s run.
Ivy Apartments, East Sixth Street
- There are three units
- Seasonal interns occupy the small building
Check back every Thursday to get a behind the scenes look at all-things Rep!